Wednesday, September 21, 2011

HILLBILLIES!

I'm still not quite finished…with Ma that is. Her dress and bonnet are proving to be a design issue for me.

I believe that the lack of brainpower from the crazy of the last few weeks has depleted my ability to look at her body and then just draw the pattern that would fit her form. She DOES have curves!

I have, however, taken pictures of the rest of the family so here they are…



I think they turned out quite nicely. I'm still working on putting together the patterns for sale. I really don't know why I think I can accomplish it in a day. It takes a lot of organizing and making sure the correct instructions get placed in the proper location.

And then there's proofing…

I found a couple of typos in my Sally pattern (stitch counts) that I hadn't even noticed until I started knitting another Super Sally. I've knitted numerous Sallies of various sizes since writing it and I just NOW noticed it.

GOOFY!

Another thing that we're going to be doing is making some handmade barrettes and hair clips for sale.
Here is a picture of the one I made today of "P".



"P" the Pet Pig was such a huge hit with the kids this past weekend that we decided to branch him out. He also will have a sister named Penelope, so look for her in the future.

And for those of you who may not know, I'm the artist who draws Cedar Pete and his family. I illustrate them every year and my mother prints it on souvenir shirts and items.

I didn't create the original Pete, but my twin sister and I created THIS Pete and his family. He was almost lost and forgotten at one point before she started asking around about his history and we started drawing him again. His simplicity is an integral part of our town's festival history.

So here is one of the drawings I've done so you can see and compare the dolls to the drawing. I'm finding it pretty cool to have 3-d versions of them!


Well, that's all for now. I'm still working on those patterns. I guess if I weren't so picky they'd be finished, but I'm sure those of you who would like to create one of these guys would like the pattern to be accurate.

Ya'll keep your chins up, even if you have frizzy hair on a sunny day!


All patterns, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted. ©2011 Onnica Hutchings

No comments:

Post a Comment