Friday, October 21, 2011

ALIEN HOOTY!!!!!

Alrighty…

Well, I had an insomniac night a few nights ago so to keep myself busy, guess what I did?

YEP, YOU GUESSED IT!

 I KNITTED.

Well, just what could you possibly knit in the somewhat darkness of your bedroom with a very dim bedside lamp you ask?

ALIEN HOOTY, THAT'S WHAT!

Here he is…




Hooty is one of those aliens inspired by my children’s drawings and knitted in the middle of an insomnia night! 
He desperately wants to be an owl and be nocturnal, but since he doesn’t have wings or a tail he is unable to fly. Also, he’s a daytime alien and can’t sleep at all during the day not even a nap. So instead he has his “hoot owl horns” and he perches in trees hoping that he blends in enough for all to believe as much as he even though he doesn’t get that nocturnal means during broad daylight he should be sleeping!!



Pattern Info:
Skill Level: EasySkills used: Basic knit stitch, increases, decreases, knitting in the round
Amount of Time To Complete Project: Depends on skill level 
Pattern Format: Adobe PDF file
Suggested Yarn: We recommend a cotton worsted weight, but you pick!
Needles: We recommend 4 mm (US 6). Hooty is knitted in the round and we LOVE the Magic Loop Method so break out your circular needles & DPNs!
Gauge: The pattern is written to be knit with worsted weight yarn on smaller needles but you can adjust it by simply knitting your yarn on needles 2-3 sizes small than those recommended to create a tight knit fabric the stuffing doesn’t show through. 
Finished size: Depends on the yarn you use!!


This 2 page pattern is very clearly written and includes unlimited email help from me in case you need a bit of help or get stuck!!! 

It's available for the low, low price of $3 in my etsy shop and you go there from here
and I will email you the pdf shortly after you purchase it.

He loves trees. I found him out in my magnolia tree this morning and if I didn't lock the front door I'm sure he'd be back out there in it!!!!


Well, I gotta get back to everything else. I just thought I'd let you all know he's out there. Go snag a pattern and make your own. He's super easy and fun!!!

Ya'll keep your chins up and have a great one…even if you have frizzy hair on a sunny day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment