Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Holiday Happenings!!

Okay, so obviously I'm not chained to my blog. Sometimes I think I should write more, but then I'm usually busy trying to pull together the latest project or job so I don't spend as much time here as I would like.

I'm hoping that doesn't deter those of you who read this from continuing to following me.

So…what's been going on here since the last post…TONS of things!

Monday was my birthday. Yes, I'm a firecracker, but we didn't set off any. I spent the day laying in the dark with a migraine, but it was relaxing when it finally went away. At the end of the day we had a great meal and watched one of my favorite movies (The Princess Bride) and of course I annoyed EVERYONE (that means The Hubs™) with my continued reciting of the lines just moments before they actually said it on the the movie. It was still a good day! BTW I'm 29 for the 10th year and if you are unable to do the math correctly, you don't need to know how old I am!! ;O)

Both of my children have been playing summer ball and I have been assistant coaching my daughter's team. Well, great expectations set aside and just the chance to teach them something and for them to have some fun turned out to be one of the greatest things. Our girls played a double header last night, needing to win the first one to play the championship game, and they came from behind during their last at-bat to win first place! Proud mama I am…Acacia knocked in the other coach's daughter for the winning run!!!




My son's team (a game I missed since we were busy winning the championship!) won to go on to play for their turn at 1st on Friday. I can't wait because they started the season having a pretty rough go at it.

Now some other big news…

I'm happy to announce that the Sally Goodwin doll (version 1.0 anyway) is finished. I am still working out the bugs on the knitting pattern for her, but as soon as I get it typed out and photos taken, etc. I will let everyone know. This will be a pattern for purchase and it is quite extensive, so if you're looking for just an easy quick knit, this probably isn't one. It also has the need for felt and basic sewing knowledge, but that's just for a head's up.




I'm really excited about her and now that I have a 3-D version I will be able to finish the illustrations for my book. I'm hoping to be able to have it published by late August or early September. I guess I need to set a deadline because i definitely work better under the pressure of those!!!

I'm also still working on some alien patterns, the bugs are almost worked out of those and I will post those soon. I might even send a free one your way first.

Well…I need to get back to the knitting. Hope you all have a good one…
even if you have frizzy hair on a sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment